quarta-feira, 1 de julho de 2015

♛ Dear June ♛

“
Dear June,
I feel quite sad to let you go. We have been at odds for most of these days. And now that you are leaving, I see how wrong I was to want to stay the same. You have been a most dear friend to this human who trembles at the thought of calling herself a woman, the word too valiant, it holds all the virtues and strengths my frail hands feel they will never be able to carry. But, this parting is needed.You have soothed much of my wrath, piled it all into a bag and pushed it towards the sky; the stars know how to make darkness seem so bright. June, I won’t keep you long. I know we will meet again, when showers of mangoes fall from trees and football tournaments leave me gasping with fear. June! Let me make this very clear: I am still not sure on who I am meant to be, but I know that I can’t keep wasting my life by counting time and waiting for signs to soar out of the sky so that I am finally able to press my feet onto the ground. It is time for words to end, and for actions to replace all those frustrations and dreams I have smeared on the evening sky, it is time June! It is time for you to part, and for me to face what has to come. Goodbye June!
 
I welcome July.
”
—  
Goodbye, June


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário